Fun and Effective Ways to Integrate Music and Movement into Your Daily Curriculum
Maria has served as a leader in arts education and outreach for over 20 years. She holds a degree in Research Psychology and is published in the area of Cognition. She is currently a writer and clinician for the Pacific Symphony's Class Act program. She is the creator, author and storyteller of the Pacific Symphony's highly successful Interactive Musical Experience reaching thousands of K-1 students throughout Orange County. She has recently developed a cutting-edge brain-centered music/movement program for children and adults entitled Music Moves the Brain.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn how to orchestrate your environment.
- Experience effective ways to reach every child in your classroom.
- Explore fun ideas for integrating this year's VSA theme: "We Love California!"
- Come away feeling: "I Can Do That!", and "It Works!"
The date of this workshop is Thursday, February 9, 2012, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., in Building A, Boardroom.
You must register online by following this link: http://ocde.k12oms.org/1372-55668
- Registration deadline is February 2, 2012
- Seating is limited, so please register early
- There is no cost for this workshop
* Brain Tools for the Classroom Flyer
* Individuals with disabilities in need of auxiliary aides and services may request assistance by contacting Phyllis.