The Teacher Leader Certification Academy (TLCA) is a two year program designed for current teachers who want to develop skills in the following areas: leadership, collaboration, facilitation, assessment and data analysis, mentoring, and designing and presenting professional development. Each year consists of eight sessions, and a symposium at the end of year two. Candidates will also learn to use several educational technology tools and 21st Century skills in the program.
Candidates earn a Teacher Leader Certificate from the county after successfully exiting the program. Furthermore, the Academy will be offering participating candidates the opportunity to earn four graduate units per year, through our partnership with California State University, San Bernardino.
This program is based on the ETS Teacher Leader Model Standards, and will prepare a teacher leader to:
• Foster a collaborative culture to support educator development and student learning.
• Access and use research to improve practice and student achievement.
• Promote professional learning for continuous improvement.
• Facilitate improvements in instruction and student learning.
• Use assessments and data for school and district improvement.
• Improve outreach and collaboration with families and community.
• Advocate for student learning and the profession.
2015-16 TLCA Application (Fillable)
TLCA Candidate Recommendation
TLCA Payment Agreement
Candidates must choose their preferred payment option upon acceptance into the program and have a signed payment agreement on file. *Note: All payments made via PayPal include a 3% service fee.
Plan A - Full Program Year Payment Option:
1 Payment of $824.00 payable via PayPal or credit card. Amounts include a 3 % service fee.
Plan B - Payment Plan:
Jacquelyn Sanborn, Program Specialist
Phone: (714) 327-8187
Samantha Arreola, Administrative Assistant III