The Marian Bergeson Award is presented annually to a trustee(s) who has provided outstanding governing board service and community service to promote and enhance public education. The award, if any, shall be presented at the OCSBA Annual Meeting.
Members of the Marian Bergeson Award committee will recommend a candidate based on the following criteria:
1. Recipient shall serve or have served within twelve (12) months prior to selection on a board in good standing in the OCSBA.
2. Emphasis shall be on school board and community service on behalf of public education. The application must differentiate between work done as a volunteer and work done as a paid employee.
3. Consideration may be given for participation in Orange County School Boards Association, California School Boards Association, National School Boards Association, California County Board of Education or any similar, appropriate service.
4. Previous nominees may be nominated again.
5. Only OCSBA members are allowed to nominate an individual to receive this award.
Marian Bergeson Award Past Recipients List.pdf
The OCSBA created the Maureen DiMarco award to recognize those individuals or organizations demonstrating countywide service in addressing the needs of our young people.
Members of the Maureen DiMarco Award Committee will recommend a candidate based on the following criteria:
1. Exemplary and far-reaching leadership in addressing the broad needs of our young people.
2. Inspiring others to action in addressing the broad needs of our young people.
3. Exhibiting vision in addressing the needs of young people.
4. Recipient may or may not have served as a school board member.