Orange County Child Care and Development Planning Council (Council)
Access more information on Council:
Finding Child Care
Child Care is one of the most important decisions a family will make. It is most important that families select child care that meets the special physical, social, emotional, cognitive, behavioral and creative needs of their children. These lay an important foundation for school readiness and support academic achievement.
- Who can I call for referrals for child care around my work or home?
- Children's Home Society of California, 714-543-2273
- What types of child care are there?
- What do I look for in a quality child care center?
- Finding Quality Child Care Brochure
- Video: What is Quality Child Care?
- What if I need help paying for child care and development services?
- Orange County Centralized Eligibility List for Alternative Payment Programs -- Managed by Children's Home Society of California, connects parents searching for help paying for child care, with the programs providing assistance. Parents must meet eligibility requirements, 714-543-2273
- Orange County Head Start -- A comprehensive child development program designed to meet the education, emotional, social, health and nutritional needs for enrolled children and families. Parents must meet eligibility requirements
- Other Subsidized Agencies Providing Full Day Care for Birth to Twelve and Preschool -- A listing of programs that general child care (Serving ages 0-12) and state preschool (serving ages 3 and 4) to provide them with appropriate child development services. Parents must meet eligibility requirements
- What if my child has special needs?
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Orange County Department of Education of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The Orange County Department of Education bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.