(New Teacher Center Article)
For more information please contact:
Mailing Address for Applications:
Orange County Department of Education
200 Kalmus Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Attn: Jacquelyn Sanborn
A CTC-approved, two-year induction program is the preferred pathway to securing a California Clear Multiple and/or Single Subject teaching credential.
Our mission is to support new teachers.
We offer the following California Clear Credential Programs:
- Education Specialist-mild/moderate
- Education Specialist-moderate/severe
- Multiple Subject
- Single Subject
Program requirements include:
- Possession of a Level 1 or preliminary credential, currently employed as a teacher and working with a core group of students throughout the school year.
- Demonstrate classroom application of California Standards for the Teaching Professional.
- Use of LMS for Online content delivery and program resources.
- Collaborate with mentor/lead mentor
Those enrolled in the program will receive:
- Two years of ongoing support by an experienced, highly trained mentor
- Job-embedded reflective teaching practice
- Collaborative opportunities with colleagues
- Access to high quality, relevant professional development
- Option to earn up to 6 units through partnered universities
- A California Clear Credential upon satisfactory completion of all requirements
- $3600.00 per program year ($300.00 processing fee due with application)
- Participating Consortium Districts may pay tuition (contact your school or district office for details)
- Payment plans and loan options are available
*We accept payment via check or Paypal online.
Enrollment is now open for the 2018-2019 Program Year
Candidate Application Process:
- Complete the online application HERE
- Print a copy of the application
- If you are paying your own tuition-please mail the copy to us with the $300.00 processing fee.
- Await notification of program acceptance via email with instructions for accessing the learning management system and
- Await email from Lead Mentor regarding in person program participation.
Mentor Application Process:
- Complete the mentor application on HERE and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Await notification of selection and schedule interview.
- If selected, Interview at OCDE with Jacquelyn Sanborn (June-September)
- If accepted, complete any required hiring documentation and join the 2018-2019 mentor pool
- Await mentor assignment (occurs August-October).
*For questions, please contact Coordinator or Administrative Assistance