What is ERWC?
Students successfully completing the modules develop skills, knowledge, processes, and dispositions in the following areas of academic literacy: reading rhetorically, writing rhetorically, listening and speaking rhetorically, and habits of mind. The modules are aligned with the CA State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy (CCSS for ELA/Literacy).
For frequently asked questions and answers about ERWC, view
ERWC Q and A.pdf
Expository Reading and Writing Course (ERWC) Multi-Day Training Series:
This professional development training will help teachers prepare students to meet college and university expectations. Teachers will learn the what and why about ERWC. To view all available ERWC classes, click
ERWC/High School Four-Day Training
Day 1: January 15, 2019
Day 2: January 16, 2019
Day 3: February 13, 2019
Day 4: March 13, 2019
On-line pre-registration is required
How do I register for a training?
- Chris Street - CSUF Professor of Secondary Education
- Karin Foster - OCDE Language and Literacy Coordinator
- Jennifer Beall, OCDE ERWC Facilitator
- Kimberly Moore - Westminster High School Teacher
- Christy Jimenez - Buena Park High School Teacher
- Tyler Shelley - Yorba Linda High School Teacher
- David Cagley - Fullerton Union High School Teacher
- Carey Arias - OCDE ERWC Support