Summer Institutes: Normandy Sacrifice for Freedom Institute
The Normandy: Sacrifice for Freedom® Albert H. Small Student & Teacher Institute takes students and teachers on the journey of a lifetime to explore WWII history through the life of a Silent Hero who is memorialized in the Normandy American Cemetery. This program is made possible through the generous support of Mr. Albert H. Small.
*Application coming soon!
LOWELL MILKEN CENTER DISCOVERY AWARD
Your NHD project could win $10,000! The Lowell Milken Center, a strong supporter of the NHD program, offers an annual competition in which NHD students across the country submit their projects for consideration in the Center's Discovery Award.
Who's eligible? Grades 6 - 12.
What categories? Documentary, Exhibit, Performance and Website.
Requirements? Projects must emphasize UNSUNG HEROES IN HISTORY.
- First Place entry will receive $10,000 along with a special recognition.
- Second Place entry will receive $3,000 and special mention on the Center website.
- Third Place entry will receive $1,000 and special mention on the Center Website.
Please contact the Lowell Milken Center for more information at http://www.lowellmilkencenter.org.
NHD INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
- Are you a NHD alumni?
- Are you currently a Junior in college?
- Are you at least 18 years of age?
- Do you love history?
If you answered Yes to all of the following you should apply for the NHD Internship during this year's National History Day Contest in College Park, Maryland!