Ensure that teachers have the subject matter competence and skills to assist students in meeting the California Academic Content Standards in English, Science and Mathematics, pass the CAHSEE, achieve proficiency on the CST’s, and graduate from high school
- Demonstrates knowledge of subject matter content and student development in Mathematics, English, or Science
- Establishes and communicate learning goals for all students
- Organizes curriculum to support student understanding of the subject matter
- Interrelates ideas and information within and across subject matter areas
- Develops student understanding through instructional strategies that are appropriate to the subject matter
- Uses a variety of strategies to promote learning for second language learners and struggling students
- Level 1 Mathematics, English, or Science consists of approximately 36 hours of on line instruction and 3 hours of face to face instruction.
- Level 2 Mathematics consists of approximately 45 hours of on line instruction ( with the option to apply for 3 units of Continuing Education Credits from CSUF – fee $90 per unit)
- Level 2 English consists of twelve (12) three hour classes to be held from 4:30-7:30 at the Orange County Department of Education
- Level 2 Science consists of approximately 36 hours of online instruction and 3 hours of face to face instruction.
- Formative assessments are built into the online classes
- 3 Lesson plans are required at Level 1 and Level 2 to demonstrate competency
- Face to face interaction to demonstrate mastery
- $500 per level ( includes on-line and face to face meetings, materials, review of lesson plans and certificate of completion)
- Must be teaching in a secondary special education, alternative education or small rural setting.
- To qualify for Level 1 Mathematics, English, or Science a teacher must have earned less than 10 upper division units or less than 20 lower division units.
- To qualify for Level 2 a teacher must have earned more than 10 upper division or 20 lower division units in the subject area.
- Download the application form and Human Resources verification form and return to Pam Goddard, 200 Kalmus Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
For details or more information, please contact our office at (714) 708-5883 or email@example.com.