COMMON CORE "HABITS OF MIND"
English Language Arts Capacities:
- They demonstrate independence.
- They build strong content knowledge.
- They respond to the varying demands of audience, task, purpose, and discipline
- They comprehend as well as critique.
- They value evidence.
- They use technology and digital media strategically and capably.
- They come to understand other perspectives and cultures.
Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
Model with mathematics.
Use appropriate tools strategically.
Attend to precision.
Look for and make use of structure.
Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Habits of Mind Strategies
CCSS for Mathematical Practice CCSS for ELA Practice
Mathematics "Habits of Mind" Strategies ELA "Habits of Mind" Strategies
PLC Operationalize - ELA Capacities
PLC - ELA Operationalize & Observation Rubric